Woodpeckers | Model 641 (6") Square, (Inch Scale) (641I) - Made Square to Stay Square....FOREVER!
- (1) Woodpeckers | Model 641 (6") Precision Woodworking Square (Inch Scale) (641I)
- (1) Custom fitted, wall-mountable case
Features & Benefits:
- You'll never question the reliability of the Model 641 and 851 Squares
- Designed for woodworking, they deliver the precision woodworkers demand and offer features not found on most other squares.
- Beyond the extreme accuracy, these squares offer weight, balance and ease of handling that woodworkers need
- The 641 & 851 squares are accurate to within.001 inch or less along the full length of the tool
- A dream to use, these squares are stout, yet light weight and offer superb balance
- The blade is 1/4" thick and the handle is a full 3/4" thick
- The inside edge of the base features a shoulder to allow the blade to lay flat on the work piece so you can accurately mark either edge of the blade
- Unlike many squares, there's no need to tilt the square to reference the base edge against the work
- The extra-thick base makes it easy to stand upright to check your table saw blade, jointer fences and other machinery
- There is a notch at the inside corner so you can 'zero out' your layout line all the way to the edge of your work
- Easy to read reasurement scales are laser etched in 1/16" increments on both sides of the blade
- Uncompromised quality, there are no shortcuts taken in making these squares
- Each square starts as a solid piece of very expensive, extremely stable, cast aluminum tool plate
- The plate is then carefully machined in multiple, high RPM passes on state-of-art CNC equipment
- The result is a single-piece blade and handle square
- Once the perfect square is made, two pieces of precision machined aluminum are added to form the cheeks of the handle
- These cheecks are fitted to the handle with two stainless steel dowel pins that ensure bulletproof rigidity and perfect alignment when pressed onto the holes.
- This kind of strength and accuracy simply cannot be matched by squares made using separate blade and handle parts, or punched out on a stamping press
- Like all Woodpeckers Tools, these new squares are made in the USA!